Photobooths may be seen as "old news" nowadays, but I still can't get enough of them. My opinion? People are always looking for opportunities to let loose, get silly, and make fun memories.
For Sienna's 2nd birthday, I created a colorful photobooth backdrop made of crepe paper streamers. It took about 3 hours to put together from start to finish, and it really was a piece of cake to do.
What you need:
- Assorted crepe paper streamers (I used soft pink, fuschia and white)
- Your hands
Scrunch and hang.
- Starting with 1 roll, I took the crepe paper and scrunched it, slowly moving down the roll. I kept a single continuous piece, rather than cutting them to the height of the backdrop.
- I repeated the same for the other colors, until I had 3 big piles of scrunched up streamers
- Now, for the install. I found an empty wall, calculated how wide and high I wanted the backdrop to be, and taped the end of the first color at the highest point on the wall. I then let the streamer hang to the lowest point and then looped it back to the top, once again taping at the highest point. I continued this until I finished the entire roll for that color.
- I repeated the same steps for the other colors, sometimes alternating the "loop height" to play with the height and add some visual interest.
Done! Here's a look at some of the kiddies enjoying themselves at the photobooth: