I am VERY happy to report that this will be my last post of 2016. Echoing the sentiment of many, 2016 kicked my butt and I am really looking forward to ushering a new and better year. In discussing my ill feelings towards this year, Adam brought a positive spin to the table, saying that having a bad year every once in a while makes us appreciate the good years all the more. And... I can't truly say that it was all bad, definitely not. It was a year of self-reflection and a few big life-changing decisions, and I believe that I will feel the benefits of these changes in the years to come.
In the velvet toolbox world, I made some exciting accomplishments:
- An arts & crafts area for Sienna
- Adam and I renovated our powder room
- I introduced a couple of new blog series: Dream Living and Home Tours
- I started helping out on Project X
- I began planning our office/guest room makeover
- We got new windows and a front door! (photos will be posted in the new year, promise!)
- We finally, finally, finally covered the beam between our kitchen and den (new pics to come in Jan)
Here are some interesting stats on the blog:
- Over 11K page views since Feb
- A readership size of 6600 over the last year
- June was the most popular month, most likely due to the Powder Room reveal!
- Over 58% of you are reading my blog from your phones :)
Anyhoo. 2016, it's been swell, but I am ready to say goodbye. 2017, I welcome you with open arms; I've got big plans for you and this time, I'll be kicking YOUR butt. So there.